- Tour CodeCUZEI3
- Tour Length3 Days
- Departure FromCusco
- DestinationsSacred ValleyMachu Picchu
Early in the morning, we will pick you by private vehicle from your hotel for a great Sacred Valley tour the day before you enter the Inca Trail, this is the natural way to get close to the trail head while acclimatizing and getting familiarized with Inca trails.
We will drive over the “Ccorao” pass above Cusco to descend on a winding road to the Sacred Valley of the Incas. Here we will hike on Inca trails through the magnificent Inca citadel of Pisac considered as one of the outstanding Inca remains because of the quality of the stonework and breath-taking location on a mountain saddle overlooking the Sacred Valley.
After a 1 1/2hour visit and hike, we will drive down the mountain for a short visit to the colonial town of the same name with a quick stop at their famous Indian handicraft market.
Afterwards we will drive following the Urubamba River downstream to Urubamba city; here we will visit the local food market and have lunch at a local restaurant nearby.
Afterwards we will visit Ollantaytambo, considered the most authentic living Inca town. This town has been continuously inhabited since Inca times until the present, conserving its original urban layout and stone walled homes. A guided walking tour through the extensive ruins and cobblestone paved narrow streets will make you feel like you are travelling back in time.
Transfer to your hotel in the Sacred Valley.
- Inca Trail entrance fee.
- Service of a local official tour guide(s) during the 3 days.
- Meals mentioned at the end of each day in the itinerary.
- First-aid kit including emergency oxygen bottle.
- Tickets for the bus down/up/down from Machu Picchu to Aguas Calientes.
- Entrance ticket for a second day visit to Machu Picchu.
- Transfer from train station to hotel.
- Meals not specified on itinerary.
- BTG (Entrance fee to Cusco and Sacred Valley sites)
- Optional tipping to staff.
- Expenses such as medical immunizations (if any).
- Travel insurance.
- Other expenses of a personal nature (liquor, laundry, and so on.)
- Train tickets
- Sleeping bag
- Walking stick